Thursday 3 December 2009

Inspiration: "Reflections"

A couple weekends back I was slightly hoodwinked into a spending a weekend with my mother upstate. I say hoodwinked because I was informed (only after the 2+ hour drive and safely out of the car) the weekend would be without any cable or internet.... grrr. So with the extra time on my hands among many other "prairie" like activities... I sat and took pictures in the antique and imperfect mirror over the bathroom sink to see the images it would reflect. Below is my favorite.


Then, this morning I was flipping through some photography inspiration and by happenstance I came across these by Ed Van Der Elsken. I am just obsessed with mirror reflections, especially when the quality and essence of the mirror adds to the story. These are just so moving. Ed Van Der Elsken's book of "Love on the Left Bank" is the one of the most beautiful things I have seen.



Oh and THANK YOU MOM! For reminding me I can survive with out my blackberry!

2 comments:

Hermione said...

Beautiful! It's good to be reminded sometimes that we were fine before internet and all that. Just fine.

Unknown said...

Beutiful pictures. Mirrors are always about mistery, I just realized that I have close to 20 mirrors in my house.:-) Most of them are in very old frames and the biggest one is almost 8 ft. tall.:-)